Why Join OCTELA?
Membership has its privileges. As a member of OCTELA, you can:
- Receive BOTH award-winning publications: the Ohio Journal of English Language Arts and our monthly newsletter, Ohio Voices.
- Attend our annual conference where you can collaborate with colleagues across the state and country, hear from expert keynote speakers, and attend dynamic breakout sessions.
- Lead discussions to improve the teaching of the English Language Arts in Pre-K through college settings.
- Participate in shaping state-level education policies and help to craft positions on issues that affect students and teachers.
- Stay up-to-date on the changing landscape of public education policy and stand up for students and teachers across the state.
- Promote best practices in English Language Arts and the evaluation of the results achieved.
- Recognize excellence in student and educator achievement by nominating colleagues or receiving awards such as the Outstanding ELA awards.
- Access members-only resources for Pre-K – College on the OCTELA website (coming soon).
Join your colleagues and become a part of our statewide professional community!
|Membership Type||Annual Price|
|Professional Membership (1 year, new & renewing)||$40.00|
|Undergraduate Student Membership (1 year, new & renewing)||$17.00|
|Retired Educator Membership (1 year, new & renewing)||$17.00|
To join, continue to our Online Membership Registration or download our Membership Form and mail it along with your payment to the address provided.